A big thanks to Melissa Maygrove
blogger and romance writer who passed this award on to me. Her blog posts include Grammar Police Monday
, features interviews with both new and seasoned writers, and other insightful information. Find Melissa on Twitter here
1) Thank and link back to the awarding blog.
2) Answer the following 7 questions.
3) Provide 10 random factoids about yourself.
4) Pass this on to 7 deserving others.
1) What’s your favorite song?
Love’s Theme by Barry White Love Unlimited Orchestra. This song lifts my spirits in ways I don’t understand. Though, when I’m writing I listen to completely different music.
2) What’s your favorite dessert?
Carrot cake (don’t judge me). My sister and Nicole are tied for making the BEST EVER carrot cake!!!
3) What do you do when you’re upset?
Serenity Now! Some of you may need to click the link to fully appreciate the term. Much like Melissa, my reaction depends on the cause. I first ask, “Is this a life-threatening situation?” and go from there. As a mother (twin boys + girl), I ask this question often, but it also applies to everyday situations as well. Plus, as writers, we should see upsetting situations as fodder for our work.
4) Which is your favorite pet?
Cats. Though I like dogs, too.
5) Which do you prefer? Black or White
Black, it’s my go-to color.
6) What is your biggest fear?
Afraid to say….
7) What is your attitude mostly?
I try to see the positive, though sometimes it’s difficult.
10 Random Factoids:
1) I’ve had the same best friend since first grade.
2) I cooked my first meal at age 4: pancakes for my mama.
3) I climb a tree every year, just to prove I still have it. I haven’t gotten around to it yet this year, yet.
4) I don’t like eggs anyway they’re cooked in a frying pan, but I’ve been told I make delicious scrambled eggs.
5) Even though the vampire/werewolf trend is on the way out (or is it gone now) I still LOVE them.
6) I love to cook, but I don’t like meal planning.
7) Until recently, I still used a VHS player almost everyday.
8) I can cross all of my fingers at the same time (which is worth four times the luck, I’ve been told).
9) Contrary to what my name will lead one to believe, I’m not Russian, but I do speak a little of the language.
10) I love to hear what people dream about, not their aspirations and life goals, but the ones they dream when sleeping.
I’d like to pass this award to:
1) Susan Kaye Quinn, Young Adult Author [and marketing guru, seriously you could learn much from her.]
2) Carrie Butler at So You’re A Writer [She’s so funny, plus she celebrating her blogiversary. Hurry over, her contest ends soon.]
3) Nicole at My Writing Blog [I so enjoy her humor and her carrot cake.]
4) Susanna Hill [She’s a joy to read.]
5) L.L. McKinney at Info Dump a La El [Motivational post and she also provides contests links.]
6) Dawn Allen at Write On [Very informative.]
7) Rachael Harrie at Rach Writers… [for her role in connecting me to so many awesome writers.]
Please stop by their blogs to show your support!