Today’s the day for Alex J. Cavanaugh’s Top 10 Movies Countdown Blogfest! Click the image above for a list of other participants.
I love watching movies. I even have special snacks I like to eat depending on the movie. Hot Tamales/Jelly Beans for scary shows, Peanut Butter M&Ms for romantic comedies, Twizzlers for sci-fi, and popcorn for anything else. Now, without further ado…
Here’s my Top 10 Movie Countdown
10. Death To Smoochie – Lookie!, Lookie! Lookie! Here comes a cookie! I’m an Edward Norton fan and I thought he was especially fun in this movie. Robin Williams brought his own flavor of humor, as well. Safari!!
8. Men In Black II – I could watch that movie, as well as MIB, anytime.
7. Shaun of the Dead – Humor + romance + zombie apocalypse = all kinds of fun. I’m fan of the original show Dawn of the Dead, too.
6. The Book of Eli – LOVED the twist at the end.
5. Blade – Hot. Vampire. And yes, I know he’s half-vampire, half-mortal, but that sort of messed up the symmetry.
4. The Green Mile – Stephen King is a brilliant man. He knows how to craft well-rounded, flawed, yet motivated characters.
3. A Christmas Story – For one reason or another, I think about this movie almost every day. I’m drawn to how relatable and real these characters are. There’s a certain brilliance in the simpleness of this movie. The book was great, too.
2. AVP: Alien vs Predator – I’m very impressed with the way the creatures from the two films were brought together. I felt they were true to the nature of the creatures.
1. Alien Quadrilogy (Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection). I sat staring at the box set for 15 minutes debating with myself (sad, I know) which movie was best. They all have different aspects that I love. Strange as it sounds, I like to wrap Christmas presents while watching these movies. Plus, whenever my older brother visits, we have an Alien movie marathon, which makes these films all the more special.
It was so hard to pick just 10, so I stuck with movies I’ve watched repeatedly over the years. That said, here are some honorable mentions: LOTR, Matrix, Payback, Die Hard, Fight Club, Date Night, Resident Evil, Day Watch, Constantine, The Cuckoo, Pursuit of Happiness, Little Miss Sunshine, Everything’s Illuminated, Sixth Sense, Secret Life of Bees, What Dreams May Come, Patch Adams, Stranger Than Fiction, most movies based on Stephen King books (especially The Shinning) and so so many more.
If you participated in this blogfest, please let me know in the comments below so I can be sure to stop by your blog.
How about you? What are your favorite movies? Do you have a special snack you like to enjoy when you’re watching?
p.s. Be sure to stop by on Thursday. I’ll be hosting Carrie Butler!