Today I have the privilege of participating in the Making Connections A-Z One Year Anniversary Blog Hop (They’re giving away 3 eReaders!) and hosting Elizabeth Arroyo during the blog tour for her new book The Second Sign (You gotta see her stunning cover below!).
ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
It all started with an idea. Why not make a place where we can bring authors, bloggers, publishers, and reviewers together all in one place?
December 2012 marked the one-year anniversary of the Making Connections group. Since then, we have grown beyond our imagination. Not only have we listed almost 850 books in the original Making Connections group for review, we have also branched off and made a Young Adult group with 200 books listed for review.
Thank you for being part of this group and for helping us celebrate our one-year anniversary! We look forward to see where 2013 will take us.
My letter is F
Fantastic Reads: I’m always looking for a good book. The Making Connections Group (which I discovered on GoodReads) has over 700 listed to Read & Review.
Find links to the rest of the alphabet here.
Help this wonderful group celebrate by sharing this post to help spread the work AND enter the Rafflecopter Giveaway for a chance to win one of three eBook Readers (Paperwhite Kindle, Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight, Kobo Glo Ereader)!
Now, please join me in welcoming Elizabeth Arroyo
I’d like to welcome Elizabeth, my first Guest Post for 2013! I LOVE the cover of her book. It immediately drew me in and the premise of the story hooked me. It’s my honor to introduce Elizabeth Arroyo…
Thanks for having me here! I’m so excited!
I’ve always found it inspirational when authors put up their stats, so here’s mine.
- THE SECOND SIGN is my fourth completed manuscript.
- MS 1= Submitted to 25 agents. I realized early on that it needed a lot of work and stopped submission.
- MS2=A vampire romance story. That one never saw the light of day for obvious reasons.
- MS3= A YA Contemporary piece. This one was heart-wrenching for me to let go, and I haven’t truly let go of it yet. I sent out 105 queries, received 6 requests for more, no representation.
- THE SECOND SIGN= I sent out 50 queries, won 2 contests, and got a publication deal.
The number one thing I learned through out this journey is: you just never know.
I’ve read queries that ultimately left me scratching my head…and an agent ask for more. Mine.
Books beginning with dreams, ending with cliffhangers, and recycled plots, and these were on bookshelves.
If this reality hasn’t hit you, then it will as you tread those query waters.
You. Just. Never. Know.
Write the best story you can, and let the other pieces fall where they may.
About the book…
Bred to believe in the war between angels and demons, Gabby has come to the conclusion that love is responsible for war, jealousy, and all the other deadly sins she can think of. So when she’s exiled to the middle of nowhere for getting kicked out of her fifth school for fighting, she doesn’t expect to meet Jake. Much less fall in love. But Jake is quickly drawn to the eerie beauty of her violet eyes while Gabby is unsettled by their undeniable connection.
When a demon guardian comes to collect her soul, she refuses to give it up. She’s not a demon. She can’t be. Her father and twin brother are angels. The demon gives Gabby twenty-four hours to decide her allegiance, and then starts killing her short list of friends, leaving a message behind: She is the Second Sign.
As Gabby and Jake begin to unravel the mystery behind the Second Sign, she learns Jake may be the key to saving her soul. But it means a sacrifice has to be made that will change their lives forever.
About The Author
Elizabeth has worked in the community for the bulk of her professional career. She enjoys quiet moments, action flicks, and dancing with her four-year-old. THE SECOND SIGN is her debut novel. You can find more information about Elizabeth at:
Watch the trailer at http://youtu.be/omcmt6q8PIw
Want to Know More
Follow Elizabeth on her tour…
- Feb. 4 Nancy S. Thomspon – http://nancysthompson.blogspot.com/
- Feb. 7 Mandy Baggot – http://www.mandybaggot.com/apps/blog/
- Feb. 7 Victoria Writes – http://victoria-writes.com/
- Feb. 7 Writes By Moonlight – https://writesbymoonlight.wordpress.com/
- Feb. 8 Charity’s Writing Journal – http://charitywrites.blogspot.com/
- Feb. 11 We Do Write – http://we-do-write.blogspot.com/
- Feb. 13 The Other Side of the Story – http://blog.janicehardy.com/
- Feb. 13 Emily R. King – http://getbusywriting.blogspot.com/
- Feb. 14 Christine Rains – http://christinerains-writer.blogspot.com/
- Feb. 14 Theresa McClinton – http://theresamcclinton.com/blog/
- Feb. 15 Tara Tyler Talks – http://taratylertalks.blogspot.com
- Feb. 15 Leave it to Livia– http://leaveittolivia.blogspot.com/
- Feb. 18 TheWriteGame – http://writegame.blogspot.com/
- Feb. 18 So, You’re a Writer… – http://soyoureawriter.blogspot.com/
- Feb. 19 Literary Engineer – http://literaryengineer.areavoices.com/
- Feb. 20 Theresa Milstein – http://theresamilstein.blogspot.com/
- Feb. 20 Froze8’s Blog – http://froze8.blogspot.com/
- Feb. 21 It’s All in my Head – http://amandafoody.blogspot.com/ – Post pending
- Feb. 24 mywithershins– http://mywithershins.wordpress.com/
- Feb. 25 LM Preston – http://lmpreston.blogspot.com/
- Feb. 25 mainewords – http://mainewords.blogspot.com/
- Feb. 26 Catherine Stine Idea City – http://catherinestine.blogspot.com/
- Feb. 27 From Sand to Glass – http://mwilloughby.blogspot.com/
- March 5 Beth’s Blog – http://bethfred.blogspot.com/ – Post pending
- March 11 Writing on the Sunny side of the Street – http://www.marilynalmodovar.com/ – Post pending